If you’re an avid traveler like me, you probably know this: Memorial Day weekend is an expensive time to hit the road. Airline tickets and hotel prices go up in anticipation of this classic kickoff to summer. But I’m here to tell you: There are ways around the high prices on holiday weekends and during peak travel times.
One of the best ways to beat the prices is to take advantage of your rewards points. It just so happened that this year, I was traveling to Beverly Hills over the holiday weekend, along with my husband and our 4-year-old son Harry. We made the most of our time (and money) by using our Hilton Honors Points at the Beverly Hilton.
It was the perfect location for bopping around Beverly Hills, and this beautiful historic hotel was also celebrating its 60th anniversary, which added an extra air of excitement to our stay. Even Harry loved checking out all the iconic photos of famous celebrities who have stayed at the Beverly Hilton over the past 60 years.
We loved our stay here. Read on to find out how we made the most of our stay.
- See the International Ballroom in person. I’ve been watching the Golden Globe Awards pretty much all my life. So it was amazing to see the home of the world-famous show right when we entered the hotel. It had a very Frank Sinatra-feel to it, and looked instantly familiar to me after seeing so many celebrities in this space.
- Be mesmerized by exotic fish. Though a classic, older hotel, the Beverly Hilton is extremely well appointed, modern, and sleek. Our favorite part was the giant fish tank right by the elevators. Harry loved watching the exotic fish swimming. We probably spent more time there than anywhere else.
- Make a splash at the famous Aqua Star Pool. The pool is the focal point of the Beverly Hilton, and is the largest heated pool in Beverly Hills. It’s also very family-friendly. The hotel even features cabana rooms that open up right off the pool, which enable you to hang at the pool, and take breaks easily in the privacy of your own room. These would be especially great to rent a few rooms with another family, and share in the fun together.
- Book a meal at Circa 55. Whether you go for brunch like we did, or you stop by for dinner after drinks at the famous Trader Vic’s, you won’t want to miss out on this delicious, poolside eatery. The restaurant features classic California fare. Sit amongst the palm and lemon trees, and overlook the water fun happening just a few feet away.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. All the staff is very friendly and outgoing. And if you’re like me, you’ll have questions about the famous celebs who have stayed at the Beverly Hilton over the years. Don’t be shy. The staff takes such a fun, light-hearted look at Hollywood. It makes the experience welcoming, while still respecting the old Hollywood charm.
Overall, the Beverly Hilton hotel is a great use of points, especially on a high-traffic weekend. It’s ideal for families, and the location is awesome—right in the heart of Beverly Hills.
When you aren’t lounging at the pool, the hotel is a convenient launching point for neighborhood shopping, dining, and stargazing. Make your points count, and use them at the Beverly Hilton during your next holiday getaway. It’s a hotel with great history and the coolest vibe on the block.
Photo credit: www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/the-beverly-hilton-LAXBHHH/index.html